Read moreShow less
The Wireless PowerG Two-way Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector is designed to monitor the CO gas level in residential dwellings and give early warning before potentially dangerous levels exist. The CO alarm is transmitted to the PowerMaster control panel and presented on its display.
The CO gas is considered to be a highly dangerous poisonous gas because it is colorless, odorless, tasteless and very toxic. Presence of CO gas inhibits the blood's capacity to transport oxygen throughout the body, which can eventually lead to brain damage. CO gas is produced by incomplete combustion of fuels (such as natural gas, propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal, charcoal, gasoline or wood) that can occur in any device that depends on burning for energy and heat (such as furnaces, boilers, room heaters, hot water heaters, stoves, grills and in any gasoline powered vehicle or engine).
Before CO harmful level is reached, the detector's internal buzzer beeps sound periodically
and the detector's red LED flashes. In this condition, the buzzer sound can be stopped for 6
minutes by pressing the TEST/MUTE switch. It will not correct the CO gas problem, but will
temporarily silence the buzzer while you correct the problem. After 6 minutes, the detector
restarts alarm if the CO level remains high.
The detector provides low battery and detector end-of-life indications.
Caution: The detector expiry date is stamped on the detector. After the expiry date, the
detector should not be used - do not wait for end-of-life indication!!
The detector is continuously self-tested and has a TEST button that enables the user to test
the detector anytime.
Note: The TEST/MUTE switch functions as TEST switch (in normal operation) or as MUTE
switch (in alarm condition).
The tamper switch actuator (Figure 3), is pressed against the bracket when the unit is
attached to the bracket. Removal of the unit from the bracket causes the switch contacts to
open, creating a tamper event, which is reported by the transmitter to the alarm system